POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just Curious : Re: Just Curious Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Curious
From: Mike
Date: 18 Apr 1999 12:35:24
Message: <3719FB9D.91720D82@aol.com>
Many people who crack software never release what they do, and many of those
don't even use the software.  They are hardcore programmers that just love to
figure out how things work.  I know, it sounds strange, but some people think
that the things people do to make an image in POV-Ray is wierd too.

I have heard some people who do it can make money by revealing how they got
around the protection to the companies that make the software - kind of like
hackers that get a job doing computer security.

...but this is all unrelated to warez really, which is a blatant illegal act.
As to how it relates to POV-Ray, well, it doesn't.  POV-Ray is free!  If someone
doesn't think POV-Ray is any good, that's their problem, not ours.

-Mike